Coffee's on 24/7

Coffee's on 24/7

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Adoptee Discoveries- It's The Journey not the Destination where Treasure and Growth are Found

   For 65 years I have traveled a prolonged but exhilarating journey to search and uncover my birth and adoption story, my hidden heritage. Without a road map laid out and sealed adoption records I stepped out with trepidation and courage by myself in my thirties. I took uncharted roads and many detours to discover my birth story, foster care and adoption narratives. My earliest search spent many years and patience corresponding with agencies, vital records and a kind foster sister where I tediously gathered valuable pieces of my non-identifying info which lead to my birth mother's 3 daughters who welcomed me. 25 years later the miracle of Dna science surprised me with uncovering my unknown birth father, his 9 children and relation who were gracious with the unexpected news of my hidden identity. With sadness I discovered both of my birth parents were deceased by the time I found their families 25 years apart. A priceless gift on the pilgrimage was meeting hundreds of fellow travelers on the backroads who have touched me with their laughter and tears, their stories and their kindnesses. I am so very grateful for discovering the truth on my path. Gathering the missing pieces of my adopted life while embracing my beautiful adoptive family afforded me many life lessons. My personal growth and Christian faith have flourished over these many years proving to me again and again that its in the journey, not the destination where priceless treasure is found! Thank you heavenly Father for walking with me every step of the way.  ( Copyright: jody m moreen 2020 )

No comments: